The Lansing Lugnuts scored 11 runs in the 7th inning on their way to beating the Fort Wayne TinCaps 13-4 Thursday at Parkview Field.
The Lugnuts improved to 5-3 while the TinCaps dropped to 1-7 this season.
Lansing’s half of the 7th inning lasted 43 minutes and saw 16 batters come to the plate. Here is the log of the frame, from the online box score:
- Matt Morgan singles on a sharp ground ball to shortstop Gabriel Arias.
- Cullen Large walks. Matt Morgan to 2nd.
- With Chavez Young batting, Matt Morgan advances to 3rd on a balk. Cullen Large advances to 2nd on a balk.
- Chavez Young doubles (3) on a fly ball to right fielder Jack Suwinski. Matt Morgan scores. Cullen Large to 3rd.
- Kevin Vicuna triples (1) on a line drive to right fielder Jack Suwinski. Cullen Large scores. Chavez Young scores.
- Kacy Clemens walks.
- With Ryan Noda batting, Kevin Vicuna scores on a balk. Kacy Clemens advances to 2nd on a balk.
- Ryan Noda walks.
- Pitching Change: Spencer Kulman replaces Henry Henry.
- Kevin Smith walks. Kacy Clemens to 3rd. Ryan Noda to 2nd.
- Christian Williams reaches on a force attempt, throwing error by second baseman Reinaldo Ilarraza. Kacy Clemens scores. Ryan Noda scores. Kevin Smith scores. Christian Williams to 3rd.
- Brock Lundquist walks.
- With Matt Morgan batting, wild pitch by Spencer Kulman, Brock Lundquist to 2nd.
- Matt Morgan walks.
- Cullen Large singles on a line drive to center fielder Tre Carter. Christian Williams scores. Brock Lundquist to 3rd. Matt Morgan to 2nd.
- Chavez Young triples (2) on a line drive to right fielder Jack Suwinski. Brock Lundquist scores. Matt Morgan scores. Cullen Large scores.
- Kevin Vicuna lines out to second baseman Reinaldo Ilarraza.
- Kacy Clemens strikes out swinging.
- Ryan Noda walks.
- Pitching Change: Jalen Washington replaces Spencer Kulman.
- Kevin Smith pops out to catcher Juan Fernandez in foul territory.
The 11-run inning tied the Lugnuts team record, achieved twice previously. Lansing drew 13 walks during the game, including three each by Clemens and Noda. Leadoff hitter Chavez Young drove in four runs.
The Lugnuts lead the Midwest League with 59 runs scored, 46 RBI and 46 walks. They rank second in total bases (111) and on-base percentage (.375), and fourth in hits (69) and slugging percentage (.414).